Alexa is a free voice-activated digital assistant that can help you find information, make calls, send and receive messages, control smart home devices, set reminders, and more. Created by Amazon, Alexa is a free voice-activated virtual assistant. Smart gadgets, stopwatches, timers, and calendar updates are just some of the features you may access with the help of Alexa. It has been around for a while, but the Windows version has only just been launched.
Alexa app download is designed to compete with Microsoft’s Cortana, which delivers many of the same features. However, there aren’t many computer-controlling options available in the app now. There is a possibility that Amazon will implement these features in the near future. Amazon’s Alexa is a well-known virtual assistant with a wide range of abilities and capabilities. Switching on smart gadgets such as fans, televisions, and light bulbs can be made easier with this app. It can also book cabs, connect to popular apps, and answer all of your questions. There are several functions that can be accessed using voice commands and textual inputs.
What are Amazon Alexa’s capabilities?
When you download the Amazon Alexa app on your Windows PC, you can conduct all of the things that you would otherwise only be able to accomplish with Amazon Echo. It is possible to use the app to control your smart devices, update daily tasks, check content, build shopping lists, and access other services, as indicated above. You can use a button or your voice to interact with Alexa. It’s as simple as saying “Alexa,” and the app will start working. The app is now more of a productivity tool than just a device-based assistant.
|APP Name||Alexa APP|
|Requires Android||4.1 & Higher is recommended|
|File Size||Varies with device|
|Last Updated||19th Dec 2018|
|Current Vesrison||Current Version|
|Downloads & Installs||60,000,000+|
|Interactive Elements||Users interact|
Users can take notes, listen to music, adjust the volume of the speakers, and do many other things with this device. There are currently a few missing features, but the programmers intend to add more in the near future. With Amazon Alexa’s most recent version, calls, movies, Spotify controls, and other Windows-specific capabilities are now unavailable. Some services, such as using the Alex app to listen to music on Pandora, are only available in certain locations, as previously indicated. And just as they’ve done with other services, Amazon has big ambitions to expand access to these tools to more nations soon.
How to Download the Alexa App on a Windows 10 PC
Microsoft Store may be used to download Alexa on your PC by searching for Alexa. When the app has completed downloading, click Get and Launch. On the screen, follow the on-screen directions.
1. Click the magnifying glass icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
2. Type Microsoft Store into the search bar and click Open.
3. Then, type Alexa into the search bar. You can find the search bar in the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Store window.
4. Select the Alexa app. This is the free app with the blue Alexa icon.
5. Then click the Get button to download the Alexa app to your computer. A progress bar will appear in the middle of your window. Wait for the app to finish downloading. The app requires 81 MB of disk space.
6. Once the Alexa app is done downloading, click Launch to install it on your computer.
7. Then click Set up Amazon Alexa.
8. Sign in or create an Amazon account. If you’re an existing Amazon user, type in your username and password and click on Sign-In. If you don’t have an Amazon account, click Create a new Amazon account. For this option, you will have to fill in your name and email address and create a password, then click on Create your Amazon account.
9. Then click Continue on the Terms and Conditions page.
10. Then click Continue to allow your computer to access your microphone.
11. Next, click Yes to confirm.
12. Then, choose between hands-free or push-to-talk modes. With the hands-free option, all you have to do is say “Alexa” to give a voice command. In contrast, the push-to-talk option requires you to click on an Alexa icon in the app to give a voice command.
13. Finally, configure the app and click Finish. You can choose to launch Alexa when you sign in to your computer. You can also allow app sounds or pin the app to the taskbar.
You can open the app by clicking the Start button after the program has been installed. In the bottom-left corner of your screen, you’ll find a button marked with the Windows logo. After that, you’ll be able to access it from your app drawer.
Even if the app is minimized or running in the background, Alexa will respond to your command if you have activated hands-free mode. By turning hands-free off, you can activate the push-to-talk feature. At the bottom of the app’s display, there’s a grey circle next to a larger blue Alexa button; click it.
The three-line symbol in the upper-left corner of the app’s window provides access to different settings.
How does the Amazon Alexa app work?
Using your Amazon account, log in to Alexa on your Windows PC once the download is complete. A new account can be quickly created from this log-in screen if you do not have one. In the next step, Alexa will be available for you to use. To use the Amazon Alexa app, simply tap on the available button and issue a command. You can even pose a hypothetical inquiry. Questions like these can be both personal and general. Ask Alexa about your future tasks or the weather, for example, and she will respond with information.
You don’t need any additional hardware to use Alexa because it works through your device’s speakers and microphone. Simply press the button and ask Alexa to set reminders, check the calendar, operate your home’s smart devices, get the latest news, and play a movie on your smart TV. You cannot operate your Windows device with this app. However, this feature should be available very soon. In addition, the Alexa app is now only available in the United Kingdom, the United States, and German. Next year, the corporation claims, it’ll be rolled out in other countries.
The Amazon Alexa app download is an excellent choice if you’re seeking a voice assistant that can help you with various day-to-day chores. Intuitive and responsive to both voice and text commands, the software is easy to use. As a bonus, it may be used to control your home’s smart gadgets while you work on your computer.
You may also use the software to make grocery lists, book appointments, check your schedule, and record your memories, among other things. Is it worth your time to get it? Yes, there is no doubt about it. Alexa is a voice-activated desktop assistant that can be installed on a Windows computer. All of your queries will be answered in an easy-to-understand manner that is suitable for both adults as well as children. With the software, you can accomplish your daily to-do list and keep track of all your gadgets in one place.